Monday, February 15, 2010

To do...one day

One day-

May be I will dance in a competition,
Winning or losing does not complete my vision.

May be I will take that trip to Venice and Florence,
A gondola ride, a walk through those streets, taking in those scenes,

May be I will wear those bright graduating robes with that hat having a tail,
A degree in a foreign university ...a long lost dream waiting to come true,

May be I will gather the guts to get that tattoo on my back,
Cant wait to see my dad - a picture of shock,

May be I will finally shed those extra pounds,
Worthy of that pretty dress that I sigh at on my window shopping rounds,

May be I will get into the swimming pool and feel the thrill,
When I learn to swim up and break the water ...hmmm...how will it feel?

May be I will someday get to buy my first car with my own money,
Even one on the brink of a junkyard will be worth a million or more for me,

May be I will make my son proud of me,
No matter what I do, to love me just as me?

May be I will make him worthy of himself first,
And sit back gracefully when the world thinks he is the best,

May be I wont get to do much of these....
But I hope I never ever hurt anyone who would matter far more than my dreams.

No comments: